Once upon a time, someone asked me if I were a vegetable, which would I be? I emphatically said “sweet potato,” because while it is a healthy vegetable, it’s still very much a carb. And that really sums me up as a person. Anyway, I love these roots because sweet potatoes are chock full of beta-carotene, antioxidants, and fiber. They are a great source of manganese and vitamins B6, C, and E. One cup of cubed sweet potatoes is 114 calories, 4 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein, 27g of carbs, and 6g sugar.
We not only love sweet potatoes for their great nutritional content, but for their versatility- breakfast, lunch, or dinner; sweet or savory- you name it!
From pancakes to enchiladas- here are 20 healthy sweet potato recipes to show you just how versatile this root vegetable is!
1. Black Bean and Sweet Potato Collard Wraps from FitFluential
2. Mashed Sweet Potatoes from Nora Tobin
3. BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potato from Ari’s Menu
4. Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties via A House in the Hills
5. Sweet Potato Enchiladas via Damn Delicious
6. Roasted Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Grain Salad via Naturally Ella
7. Sweet Potato Burrito Smothered in Avocado Salsa Verde via Cookie and Cake
8. Easy (Spiralized) Sweet Potatoes and Eggs via Edible Perspective
9. Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Corn Tacos via Cooking Classy
10. Quinoa Chowder with Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Feta, and Scallions via Eats Well With Others
11. Sweet Potato Spinach Bacon Burgers via My Recipe Magic
12. Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers via Ambitious Kitchen
13. Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Red Quinoa Soup via Oh She Glows
14. Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins via The Domestic Diva
15. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic Sage Brown Butter via Aida Mollenkamp
16. Sweet Potato Soup in a Flash! via Lunchbox Bunch
17. Sweet Potato Pancake via La Fuji Mama
18. Whipped Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potatoes via How Sweet Eats
19. Sweet Potato Cake with Paleo White Chocolate Frosting via Paleo Fondue
20. Loaded Paleo Nachos via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
What’s your favorite way to eat a sweet potato?
Let us know in the comments!