These delicious matcha cookies are totally vegan, made with banana and spelt flour. Eat your antioxidants in this tasty cookie!
Say the word “cookies” and most of us will imagine junk food. I’m bringing you a recipe for the opposite – healthy cookies which are absolutely perfect for anyone’s healthy lifestyle, or even when you are on a diet.
These cookies are completely plant-based and are perfect snack when you are in a rush or when you want to relax with a cup of tea. And you don’t have feel guilty at all!
In fact, you are giving to your body a lot of nutrients by eating these cookies. To make them completely plant-based, I used mashed banana as a substitute for an egg. Mashed banana will give you everything you need for baking if you are not using eggs. Plus, you will get a slight banana taste which makes these cookies so delicious! Bananas are also great source of fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and iron.
- 2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- baking powder
- pink himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven on 180°C. And line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, Matcha Green Tea Powder and salt.
- In smaller bowl mash your banana until it’s completely liquid.
- Add mashed banana to dry ingredients, add coconut oil and mix well.
- Dough will not be sticky at all. If so add a little bit flour.
- Once you have nice dough you can make small balls, place them on your baking sheet and press them down with fork. This way will give you not so neat cookies, but you can alway use cookie cutter if you want to have precise cookies.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes. And store in a container with a lid.
By adding Matcha Green Tea Powder, you will level up your cookies! Matcha is great for our bodies. Did you know that we cannot absorb a lot of antioxidants that leaf green tea provides? But with powdered Matcha Green Tea, your body will absorb 100% of the antioxidants! These antioxidants are well known for fighting against cancer and heart diseases, helping with anti-aging, and are some of the best boosters for your metabolism.
You can make these cookies even better by adding dark chocolate chips or some chopped peanuts. Raisins or dried cranberries would work just as well! But no worries- if you don’t have any of those, they taste absolutely delightful without adding something extra.
Breakfast on the go, post workout snack, picnics, lunch boxes, parties and celebrations – that’s where are these plant based Banana Matcha cookies simply a must!
For more awesome ideas make sure you check out these matcha recipes!