Did you know…30 minutes is just 2% of your day?
Did you know…that you could take that 30 minutes to make a healthy, homemade meal, eat it, and clean the kitchen all faster than you could run out to pick up takeout or fast food?
We love 30 minute meals because it makes eating healthy that much easier. We all have busy schedules, so why not plan out some 30-minute meals so that you can save time and calories!
Follow these quick tips and you’ll be on your way to getting dinner on the table – faster:
- Prepare– take just a few minutes the night before to marinade (and defrost) the meat for your meals – place chicken, steak or pork in a freezer bag along with your seasonings and marinade. It will absorb the flavors overnight and then you’ll be ready to cook when meal time approaches. It’s SO much easier to prepare in advance than when your body is hungry and tired.
- Portion out and package foods for meal sizes = Do you buy chicken breast, frozen veggies and other items in bulk? Separate them out into meal sized portions once a week. Then all you have to do is reach into the freezer and grab a pre-portioned bag to get started. This also works for smoothies – make smoothie packs with the fruit and other ingredients you need- then just add liquid and pop into the blender.
- Get chopping! fresh veggies are an important part of any meal. But when you’re tired, rushed and hungry, chopping them up can seem like just too much! Once a week, (Sunday afternoons are great!) spend some time washing and dicing up your veggies, then portion them out for the week ahead. The same goes for fresh fruit.
Check out some of our favorite 30 minute meals from the FitFluential Ambassadors. We’ve included gluten free, vegetarian, and meat-lovers options!
Photo Cred: Nutritious Eats, The Fit Fork, Purely Twins
16 Meals in 30 Minutes
Chicken Breast with fresh herbs and seasonings from Michelle Marie Fit
2. Lemony Chicken and Artichoke Casserole via Run Wiki
3. 5 Minute Stir Fry via Momsanity
4. Spicy Pasta Carbonara via Cotter Crunch
5. Loaded Bulgar Wheat Bowl via Healthy Helper
6. Sweet and Savory Summer Fish Salad via Healthy Helper
7. Meaty Vegan Stuffed Baked Potato with ‘Cheese’ Sauce via Healthy Helper
8. Spinach Artichoke Chicken over Zucchini Noodles via J Perry Fitness
9. Quick and Easy Italian Chicken Sausage via Momsanity
10. Pan Seared Haddock with Roasted Veggies via Nutritious Eats
11. Cuban Skillet Dish via Purely Twins
12. Grown Up Guacamole Grilled Cheese via Purely Twins
13. Beef Kofta Kebabs via The Fit Fork
14. Tomato Poached Eggs via Mommy Run Fast
15. Indian Coconut Pineapple Shrimp via The Healthy Maven
16. Sweet Potato Crust Fritatta via Well of Health
What are your favorite quick healthy meals?
Let us know in the comments!