Sponsored by YouFit. #AskYouCoach
Weights aren’t going to lift themselves. They require you – and a solid plan.
They say that even trainers need trainers, and with good reason. Having a personal coach is a total game changer. It’s not always easy to get up and train like you mean it, so having a helping hand to guide you along is worth the investment. Having a plan (and someone to make sure you follow it) is the key element in making physical progress at the gym. And that’s not all – here are the top 7 benefits of having a personal trainer.
7 Benefits of Having a Personal Trainer
1. No more guesswork. Instead of spending hours online, searching for a plan, a trainer will sit down with you, assess you goals, and create a plan for you so you don’t have to stress about it. There’s no such thing as “one size fits all” in fitness, so having a custom program developed specifically for you will be extremely beneficial.
2. Save time. We’re all guilty of puttering around the gym, wandering around between sets, and taking our sweet time every once in a while. It happens. A trainer will keep you on task and make sure you get in, get a good workout, and go.
3. Improve your form. Not sure how to properly do a deadlift? They’ll show you! Reduce your risk of injury by having a trainer not only show you the right way to do exercises, but also to correct your form if it’s lacking.
4. Learn new tricks. There are so many fun, different exercises that we have no idea about. Moves that we’ve never even heard of, and some that we look at and think, “how?!” A trainer will show you moves that are new and fresh to keep your workout routine exciting, and show you how to do moves that you’ve seen but weren’t sure how to try.
5. Go bigger, get better. We’re all guilty of this at some point- backing away from the heavier weights or taking the speed on the treadmill down a notch, just in case. While it’s smart to err on the side of caution (better safe than sorry), sometimes we doubt ourselves a little too much. Having a helping hand to crank up the speed and help you push your limits can make all the difference.
6. Understand the “why.” We exercise like this. We eat this way. Because that’s healthy. Great! But… why? A trainer will help to educate you and tell you the reasoning behind why we do what we do. And it’s so interesting!
7. Accountability. You actually have an appointment at the gym. So when you feel like pressing snooze and skipping it today, think again- someone’s waiting for you! And they’ve got an awesome workout planned. Get up and go!
Having a personal trainer has a host of benefits, and can be well worth the investment. The coaches at YouFit are not only there to provide you with a workout, but to walk you through it, help you understand the movements, and push you to your fullest potential. It’s all about you, as your plan should be! Training sessions are 30 minutes, and will provide you with custom counseling that is formulated to get you the best possible results. Plus, with a trainer standing over your shoulder, you really can’t phone it in.
Click here to find a Youfit near you, and schedule a free personal training consultation!
Still have questions? Who doesn’t?! Join us for a Twitter chat with the YouCoaches at Youfit to have all of your health, fitness and general wellness questions answered by a certified pro. Join the conversation using #AskYouCoach on Wednesday, June 17th at 3pm ET! More details here.