In 2015, we’ve partnered with Kohl’s for the #MakeYourMove campaign. We want to know what your 2015 goals are and how you plan to #MakeYourMove toward a healthier you.
It may be hard to believe, but spring is just around the corner! Old Man Winter gets ushered out on Friday, March 20th.
What does springtime mean to you?
For us it’s the return of warmer temperatures, trees and flowers bursting into bloom. It means being able to get outside for workouts and running. And it means spring cleaning: throwing open windows to let the fresh air in, scrubbing away dirt and grime, clearing out the heavy layers of clothing and bedding of winter and replacing them with items that are lighter and brighter. Out with the old, in with the new!
This year, don’t just spring clean your house— breathe some fresh air into your fitness routine! This is the perfect time to try something new and kickstart your motivation towards a healthy lifestyle. Some ideas:
- Start tracking your steps or commit to exercising 30 minutes, every day.
- Sign up for a fun fitness class with friends, or to learn a new skill like swimming or rock climbing.
- Challenge your family to hike 10 new trails with you.
- Register and start training for a race you’ve never done. Color Run, anyone?
- Clean out your pantry and refrigerator, then restock with fresh healthy foods.
- Commit to Whole 30 or a similar eating challenge for a month.
- Sign up for a sports team— many state parks, YMCAs and community centers offer adult recreational leagues.
- Work on flexibility and stress management with a nighttime yoga practice.
- Create a new set of playlists to fuel your workouts.
Of course, you’ll want some new gear to complement your new fitness activities! Here are some of our favorite pieces for spring from Kohl’s.
1. We love these Sony Active Sport Headphones for listening to new playlists in style! They headphones come in six different colors and feature a water-resistant design to prevent sweat from leaking in.
2. Ditch the jacket and zip up this Tek Gear hoodie. It’s made of soft fleece for an extra layer of warmth on changeable spring days, but the color screams springtime.
3. You’ll look forward to lacing up those shoes to go run when they look and feel as good as these extra cushioned, exceptionally comfortable PUMA Carson Runner Glitch 2s.
4. Bold is the new black! Be adventurous in printed leggings like these Tek Gear yoga capris in City Lights Purple.
5. Keep your gym bag stocked with snacks and extra gear so you’re ready to get after it at a moment’s notice. You’ll want to carry this cheery PUMA duffel all the time!
6. The Fitbit Flex provides a total fitness picture by tracking activity and sleep 24 hours a day, plus it looks pretty hot in hot pink.
7. Feel grounded and stylish when you roll up your mat post-yoga and place it into this nature-inspired Gaiam yoga mat bag.
Speaking of Spring, who’s traveling towards warmer temps for Spring Break? It’s an annual trek for many, but it doesn’t mean you have to put your fitness on hold. Check out our hotel-room friendly, do-it-anywhere workout. Pin it for later and you’ll have it right on your phone, ready for you to Make Your Move towards your next sweat session.
How do you plan to spring into fitness this year?